Written by: Leah Roberts
Healthy skin elasticity is so important in HD Body Sculpting!
You want your skin to be strong, in order bounce back quickly and tightly after your procedures! (Ooo-La-la!)
Here are a just couple vitamins to look for to achieve healthier skin!
1. Antioxidants– Antioxidants basically protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals in your body. Free radicals in your body are usually electrons that have detached from a molecule- so essentially they become rouge and unstable and can damage other molecules in your body (such as your skin cells, hint hint.)
*Found in Green Tea, Red Wine (Whaattt?! Who knew drinking could have benefits!), Strawberries, Blackberries, Parsley, Cumin, Cooked Russet Potatoes, and so much more!
2. Silica- Silica works to help your body produce collagen, and works with collagen to produce other connective tissue. It also improves hydration of the skin as well as elasticity- working to prevent, and even reverse, dry, rough, or wrinkled skin, and creates a more youthful appearance to the skin!
*Found in Cucumber, Celery, SoyBeans, Bell Peppers, Grapes, Raisans, Spinach,etc.!
3. Omega 3 Fatty Acids- This will lead lead to smoother, younger-looking skin and can reduce inflammation and irregularites in the skin- such as acne and psoriasis.
*Found in Salmon oil, Cod Liver Oil, Herring, Atlantic Mackerel. BUT you know what? If you don’t like fish, you’ve got options too, such as Almonds, Flaxseeds, Walnuts, and Chia Seeds(that sounds so much yummier huh?).
4. Vitamin A- Vitamin A can heal damaged skin and, has the ability to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and assists greatly in collagen production!
*Found in Yogurt, Goat Cheese, Butter, Cheddar Cheese, Salmon, Liver, Hard-Boiled Eggs, etc.
(thats quite the mixture…)
5. Vitamin C- This also aides in collagen production, and has benefits in preventing and treating ultraviolet induced damage (aka sunburns)- You can use it on your skin or consume!
*Found most commonly in Lemon, Lime, and Citrus Fruits! Yum!
Collagen plays an important role in skin elasticity and strength. Water also helps by keeping your skin hydrated and keeps your skin clean and fresh by flushing out impurities.
It’s important, before and after your procedure, that you take care of your skin so you can see better dynamic results!
If you’re feeling confident that you’ve got some strong skin, head over to our consultation form and fill yours out today!